HOLT UNITED YOUTH FC
FA Chartered Standard Award
It is with immense pride that Holt United Youth Football Club has achieved and continues to hold the prestigious FA Chartered Standard Award.
Below is a brief outline of what it involves and what it means to our members:
The FA Charter Standard kitemark is awarded to football clubs who provide a high quality football experience. FA Charter Standard clubs are proven to be well run, sustainable, and importantly place child protection, quality coaching and safety paramount.
The FA Charter Standard kitemark was launched in 2001 and now reconises 4,500 clubs, with 460 advanced level Community Clubs and 120 leagues. The kitemark is a major focus of The FA’s £200 million FA National Game Strategy and has improved coaching, the number of girls’ football teams and safeguarding children procedures.
FA Charter Standard Club
The FA Charter Standard Club Award is for clubs with youth teams under the age of 18. The award is designed to reward best practice, aid delivery across the club volunteer spectrum and educate coaches and club officials to the minimum FA criteria:
• Club Constitution / Rules
• Copy of Annual Accounts
• Codes of Conduct for players, coaches, parents
• Equity Policy: To show equal opportunities in the club
• FA Safeguarding Children Policy: Appoint a designated Club Welfare Officer who should have attended FA Child Protection workshop and completed a FA CRB check
• Qualified Coaches: One coach per youth team should have achieved Level 1 and applied for or completed an enhanced FA CRB check
• Minutes from Committee meetings (AGM’s, EGM’s)
• Signed up to the Respect Campaign
• Designated Volunteer Co-ordinator
• A school – club link established
• First Aid Equipment – club to ensure first aid equipment is available at all coaching sessions and matches.
• One coach to have attended The FA Age Appropriate – Introductory Module by July 09 (new clubs) or July 2010 (existing clubs)
• Regular Briefings